My Disc Brakes


As the owner of a 541 deluxe, I am lucky to have all-round discs. These were introduced for the 1956 Motor Show - see Motor Magazine article 17th October 1956.

Jaguar had just won LeMans with Disc brakes, so Jensen shared with the Triumph TR3 the honour of being first production car with all round discs. It was the first 4-seater.

Although the car ran well enough with the exisiting brake setup, I started to rebuild the brakes back in 1991 so I knew they would be safe.
All the parts are off the car and mostly refurbished. Rusty cylinders were polished out and new seals fitted. Those beyond repair were sent off to have a stainless lining fitted. Expensive! See the bill below. [to be added]
I will eventually afix pictures of the current state of the brakes and hope they help others with their restoration.



No comments: