Restoring my Jensen

Note: This is similar to my own car, but belonged to Keith Lee at the time it was pictured.
It is 3 years younger, being first registered January 1956 - number 20 produced.
One day my car will look like this...

I am the owner of 1959 Jensen 541 deluxe, reg VFK44.

I have owned it since 1991, but it has been in storage for most of this time while I met my girlfriend, got married, and had two children.


But now it is time to start working on it again...

If you have any feedback for me, I would be glad to hear from you.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

francesco said...

Hi, very useful links to find parts.
me too i'm restoring a 541r.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I've just bought a 1959 541R, and am looking forward to the project. It comes with all the usual rust issues, and with unknown mechanical condition, but hey-ho, in for a penny.

I'm the Technical Editor for Practical Classics magazine, so you should be able to see the project unfold from later this year.

All the very best with own restoration project.

Regards,

Fuzz Townshend.

Anonymous said...

Finally goaded into action by mention of this site on the forum, congratulations you must keep this going its almost as good as having Paul Boulton online !
Is JFK still in the garage ? what about some pictures...

Kindest Regards

David A

VFK 44 said...

Thanks David - as regards JFK, yes it was all a conspiracy plot and he hid behind the grassy knoll before the FBI smuggled him into my garage where he has lived on bread, water and wood shavings for the last 40 years. And my car, VFK, is also still garage bound too... ;)

Brian541i wish said...

hi, this is Brian from Australia. These cars are a big challenge and the restoration could go on for years. I think the best thing you could do is sell it to me. There are only 2 or 3 of these cars out here and i would love to make it 4. Dead set serious!